Important information about ordering uniform during COVID-19
In this uncertain time, we are working with our uniform supplier, Emblamatic, to make it is easy and safe to order the new school uniform for September 2020.
Please read the following important points carefully:
1. We are encouraging as many people as possible to order school uniform online as soon as possible in July with free home delivery and returns available runtil the end of August. You can purchase online here or by emailing your order to email@example.com.
3. Hermitage Academy branded PE kit is not compulsory, old PE kit is fine and new Year 6s can wear PE kit from their old school if it still fits.
4. Our uniform supplier is offering paper tape measures as well as measuring videos on their website - email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tape measure.
How to order
Uniform items (with free returns) are available to purchase online from Emblamatic here. All uniform items should be ordered by the end of July 2020. Please use the sizing guides provided on the Emblamatic website to ensure a good fit and minimise the need for returns.
Shirts and trousers can be purchased from external suppliers as long as they adhere to the school uniform policy below.
You can also order uniform at one of our ordering days which for 2020 are:
30 June - 3.00pm - 6.30pm *CANCELLED*
21 July - 10.00am - 4.00pm *CANCELLED*
22 July - 10.00am - 4.00pm *CANCELLED*
*Unfortunately all uniform fitting and ordering days have been cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions - uniform can be ordered online - see information above.*
Hermitage Academy school uniform
Blazers, jumpers and shirts
Trousers and skirts
- Plain navy formal straight cut trousers – available from Emblematic.
- Pleated skirt - only available from Emblematic.
While we understand some parents may wish to purchase trousers from other sources, we would like to emphasise that trousers must not be made of jean-style materials. They must be school approved and must not be tight fitting. They must not have any adornments or fashion zips.
Plain black, formal, leather or leather style shoes which can be polished. No trainers, plimsolls, pumps or boots. Socks must be black, grey or white.
Optional PE kit
- Sector polo - only available from Emblematic.
- Sector panel shorts and/or skort and/or cuffed tracksuit pants and/or leggings - only available from Emblematic.
- Knee high navy sports socks - available from Emblematic or any supplier
- Other optional items are available - see uniform visuals below.
Trainers must be worn in PE lessons. Plimsolls, Converse, or canvas type shoes are not suitable. Students are advised to wear football boots for football and rugby. Optional items are available and can be viewed on the website.
Outside coats must be removed before entering classrooms. No caps or hats in the building.
Hermitage Academy navy blue blazer
- Blazers must be worn at all times unless given permission by a member of staff.
- No outdoor clothing to be worn within the school building.
Plain, light blue shirt with standard collar (to be worn with Hermitage Academy School tie)
- May be short or long length sleeves.
- Must be tucked in.
- Top button must be fastened.
- PE shirts to be worn ONLY for PE.
- Only available from Emblematic.
Plain, navy blue school trousers
- A plain black or navy, discreet belt with a small buckle may be worn on trousers with belt loops.
- No canvas, linen, denim or similar fabric.
- No combats, jeans, hipsters, low-rise, combats, cropped or fashion trousers.
- No additional accessories.
- Trousers must not be tight fitting.
Socks, tights and shoes
- Black, formal, leather or leather style shoes which can be polished - any bows or tassels must be black.
- Socks must be black, grey, blue or white.
- Plain tights only may be worn.
- No platforms, stilettos, kitten heels or other fashion shoes.
- No boots of any description – in bad weather students must change out of boots or wellingtons immediately upon arrival at school.
- No trainers of any description.
- No canvas shoes or trainer-type fabric.
- No coloured laces, coloured stitching or accessories.
Make-up and nail polish
- Makeup should not be visible.
- False eyelashes are not to be worn.
- Lipstick is not to be worn.
- Nails are not to be painted and false nails are not to be worn.
- Haircuts should not be less than a ‘one’
- Students are not permitted to have tram lines or sculptures in their hair or any extreme hairstyles
- Students should not dye their hair an unnatural colour
- Details in the uniform leaflet below.
- Students are allowed to wear one plain stud in each earlobe.
- Diamante earrings are not allowed.
- No other jewellery is permitted including necklaces, bracelets or rings.
- Body piercings that are visible are not allowed, including tongued piercings, nose and eyebrow studs.
- Visible tattoos are not allowed.
- Plugs/expanders are not allowed.
- Watches are allowed but please ensure they are suitable for a school environment.