L2 BTEC TECH AWARD
L2 BTEC Tech Award in HSC comprises of three components. Components one and two are assessed by coursework and will be undertaken in Year 10. Component three is externally assessed and is the focus on Year 11.
Year 10 coursework components focus on:
• human growth and development, how people deal with major life events, health and social care services
• the students development and application of skills such as: practical demonstration of care values, together with the ability to reflect on own performance
• reflective practice through the development of skills and techniques that allow learners to respond to feedback and identify areas for improvement
Year 11 examination component: Learners will study the factors that affect health and wellbeing, learning about physiological and lifestyle indicators, and how to design a health and wellbeing improvement plan.
- What being “healthy” really means
- Factors that can have a positive or negative influence on a person’s health and wellbeing.
- How to design an appropriate plan for improving someone’s health and wellbeing, including short- and long-term targets.
- The difficulties an individual may face when trying to make these changes.
Throughout the course students will develop skills in analysing information and communicating for a specific purpose, which will support their progression to Level 3 vocational or academic qualifications.